Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Old Bricks and Pathways


Between the shed and the pergola--my obsession with old pavers;
farther back to the right and left a great hiding place for garden things not being used at the moment.

I added the trellis in the back for Virginia Creeper vine: a good choice that is not too invasive and will not destroy the fence (like my bad choice of Trumpet Vine a few years ago!).


This was late last fall; not much color left in the garden; here is were I plan to add more pavers to border the edge--big pots of white flowers while waiting for the perennials to take hold:


Lovely old clay pots in big wooden bowl: patiently waiting for the potting shed I don't have-----yet.  My little potting shed has been planned for many months--I can hardly wait for it to materialize!  I need to find some old french doors for one point on entry--has to look old and forever there---


A place to store old bottles and hang up flowers and herbs to dry:
An old table for constructing wreaths--potting plants--making messes.


And finally a place to use this $5.00 bargain rack---can you imagine some tall, old metal bins underneath this--possibly to hold potting soil--or just some old junk buckets--


And the Sweet Annie (in with the pink roses photo) will soon be sprouting up; grows so quickly and bushes out like evergreen trees!  The fragrance is wonderful---I will dry big bundles of these for wreaths in the fall--
If you grow Sweet Annie tell me your thoughts, projects, etc!


I cheated today and used past photos; nothing like a little dreamin' and schemin':  got the clipboard beside me with notes and pictures out of magazines recently--
Going to make a cup of tea and enjoy visiting your blogs; hope you'll share some ideas and your plans for upcoming spring.

19 comments:

  1. love it all! Can you share how you keep weeds from coming up between your bricks? Did you lay them yourselves? I'd love some tips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The walkway is so nice & really like all of your pictures! And, I couldn't help but notice the pink gloves and vintage pictures below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our son is going to help enclose our deck and make a family room so I have to wait til they're done to see where I'm going to place things. I am so excited for the extra room because our place is only 300 sq ft. I'll almost double my space...YAY!...Beautiful inspiration here and I've bookmarked this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It almost looks like a secret garden back there. I've had Trumpet vines too and yes they are hard to control, but sure do attract the Humming birds! ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used old bricks around our home(built in 1855) too-doesn't look as perfect-but the history is way better! Loved seeing all your lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness, your yards are amazing!! Inspires me to get back out in my backyard and "create" an oasis for myself and my family. Thanks for the lovely comments and for becoming my 7th follower! You made my weekend!

    Hugs
    LeRae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is STUNNING! I love how you've laid out your gardens and the use of the old pavers add so much charm and character to your space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is beautiful! I love those little glass bottles too :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love old pavers! We were lucky enough some years ago to get all the very old pavers that surrounded my husbands great g-parents house that was being torn down buy the new owners......we now have sidewalks leading up to our house that look like they have been here as long as our home which is 100+ yrs old. Love your ideas and can't wait to see that potting shed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I'd love to have a little potting shed; but the covenants in our neighborhood don't allow for any "outbuildings." So the garage is my catch-all for all the junk I accumulate! Hope the spring will bring nice weather for us to work on our yard. I basically have a brown thumb, so it will be a lot of work!! Really like your paver path and your garden area.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love old bricks and pathways and gardens. Browsing through your lovely garden photos is inspiring. Your little $5 bargain rack is adorable. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your post...I can't wait to start working on my potting shed too. I love all your ideas and finds. Tell me about Virginia Creeper....not familiar but sounds like something I might like.
    hugs,
    gail
    p.s. love your previous posts too, love the old tin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your garden! I too have walkways and even a brick fireplace outside. Yours though has the elements of a fairy tale! Keep up the good work! Love, Me www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My. THis is gorgeous.

    Love your pics + your blog. I'm a new follower, hope you're gonna follow back. All the best, talk soon
    http://www.rivierabrides.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty! Have you seen the spring Pottery Barn catalog??? Gorgeous inspiration and potting benches, etc. You would like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like those glass herb bottles, very pretty!
    Guess what? You won my giveaway over at oldworldknits! Please contact me at oldworldknits@yahoo.com so that I can get the box of goodies out to you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos! I adore paver paths and your photo of clay pots reminded me of the wreaths I've stumbled upon recently at http://farmfieldprimitives.blogspot.com/2009/05/clay-pot-wreath.html and http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2011/03/claypot-spring-wreath.html Might look cute hanging on your fence or potting shed door. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your landscaping is lovely. The brick pavers are great and I LOVE the white cart. I can't wait to see how you use it. What a wonderful bargain! Thanks for visiting Cottage and Creek. I can't wait for spring so I can get out in the yard. Thanks for the inspiration.
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your vision and can't wait to see it when it becomes a reality!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete