Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paint/Stencil Projects and Junk Finds


I bought this vintage vanity bench last year at the resale shop~~and finally did something with it this week~~

Below is the before pic~~






And below~~

This vintage table (no before pics taken--oops)~~also going to the booth tomorrow~~


I've a bit more distressing to do on the lower level of the table~~





I shopped a bit this week and found these sweet metals~~






~~using one of the wire baskets as a display under the
vintage aluminum pitcher bouquet~~




~~this nice wicker wall basket for another floral arrangement~~

~~and I've had my eye on this large wooden cheese container; it went half price last week at the antique mall~~I'm not sure where I will use it yet~~





~~Painted up a vintage wicker cornecopia basket and did some Frenchy~type flowers~~





Used leftover wallpaper to wrap up some dried pink roses~~you can see it peeking out from the right of the basket~~






Has been a busy, but great week to get some projects done for the shop booths; now time to work outside and on the house.   

Getting some hosta plants for free (gotta bring the shovel and dig 'em up myself)~~I'm reallllllly excited over that~~I love hostas!

Are you out in your gardens this week?

Thanks for stopping by; love to read your comments! 


7 comments:

  1. Nice distressing on that table! Very unique with the harlequin design.
    Hugs,
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww - roses in wallpaper - how neat is that? Glad to hear someone else takes a while to get to projects... Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Love your finds this week especially that cheese box!! Hope you're having a wonderful day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is beautiful! I really like the ticking stripe with the stencil on the little vanity stool.

    Joyfully,
    ELizabeth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the little metal stool the best, that will look good either sanded to the metal or painted

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your charming blog. This chair is so lovely, what a fantastic job you did and not just on that. You're like King Midas, everything you touch turns to gold. Please accent my invitation to come over and visit and who knows maybe even follow my blog, too. Your newest follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your re-do's! The stool is adorable.

    ReplyDelete