Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Thrift Lamp & Burlap Stencil Shade


Why do I put off the simplest of projects??

Bought this wall lamp for under $2.00 last year~~and last night decided to whip up some burlap with stencil for the shade.

Hot glue and no sewing~~my favorite kind of project~~



~~and a paint job on the base of the lamp that took no more than 15 min. for a top coat~let it dry and dry brushed onto the aqua a bit of black paint~~




                                                         ~~and I'm pulling out a pile of projects to speedy myself into getting them completed and out of here into my booths at the shop.  Tomorrow will post my "pile" of befores~~I'm serious about getting my stash down a bit before buying any more stuff.  (you do believe that one, don't you?  ;)

Here's a great party to attend~~hope to see you there!
ButtonDomestically Speaking
                                            http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/

Boogieboard Cottage

http://www.freckledlaundry.com/

4 comments:

  1. So darn cute...I need to be a copy cat!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new color and the new shade! The stencil looks great on the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet lamp. I LOVE it! We are so thankful that you shared this with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete